Friday, October 19, 2007

Help with sizing please!

Dear Silver Bellers

OK, my yarn has arrived and I'm all ready to go. BUT, I don't know what size to make, medium or large. My bust is ample, granted, but can any of you knitted up silver belles please measure if you have made a medium or a large and tell me what the finished measurement around the fullest part of the bust is on these sizes please? I know the pattern says knitted measurements, but if that's the case I may have to do some jigging as I don't want the bust to fit and the rest to swamp me! The knitted measurements are too small for my bazookas!

Help please!

Love from an eager and ready to go Silver Beller

3 comments:

Brahdelt said...

My bust is 92 cm and I knitted size S, which is okay, snug but I wanted it that way. But there is one issue with Silver Belle - unless you have no breasts at all, it doesn't want to stay closed at the front like in the photo that comes with the pattern. Making it a three button front instead of the two buttons helps a bit.

Robin said...

That is good to know; my bust is 34" and I had decided to make the 32" because that is closer to my shoulder and other measurements, but was worried about it staying closed. Three buttons sounds like a good idea!

a friend to knit with said...

i made the small and the finished sweater measures 32 inches.....
yes....i think 3 buttons on this sweater is a must...
hope this helps